Rogers Park News
Public group · 10,543 members
Join Group
Have discussions, and share stories and photos of Rogers Park.

Rogers Park's only Public facebook group

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Public Health Issue

Dear Bill Morton,

I'm a college student, and I'm writing a paper (not to be published) about the Rogers Park community and the recent health violations at the Heartland Cafe. I've read your blog, but I was wondering if you could tell me a little about your organization and who it represents in the Rogers Park neighborhood. Why have you written blog entries criticizing the the owners of Heartland Cafe? Do political disagreements between liberals and conservatives play out in the neighborhood in ways other than the controversy over the cafe? Is there a presence of conservatives in Roger Park? What are your group's feelings toward Alderman Moore and the city government?

I would appreciate any information you can give me on these topics. If you would prefer to communicate by telephone, let me know and I will send you my number.

Thank you,
Ruthie



Ruthie,

I am a part of the Rogers Park community and I feel that recognizing and solving our problems is more productive than ignoring them.

I didn't write the posts about Health Violations at the Heartland Cafe. Those posts in particular were written by Grammar Gal.

Had I written about the unsanitary condition of the Heartland Cafe, I would have addressed the owners by stating:

"The owners of the Heartland Cafe should have ALWAYS had the Heartland Cafe in sanitary condition. This is a public health issue that is inexcusable. I am sure that many, if not most of their customers will have the common sense to not eat at the Heartland Cafe after this addition to their long record of Violations."

Getting sick after dining in or having food delivered is not on my To-Do List.

- Bill Morton
Rogers Park in 1,000 Words
http://www.rp1000.blogspot.com/

No comments: